by: SkiGirlie - 14th March 2011

grooming, staff, diverse runs, NEW future lodge!
Too short of season

Powderhorn is by far one of my most favorite resorts located in the beautiful U.P. of Michigan. I was heartbroken when I heard the main lodge burnt down. Luckily, they have the Caribou to work out of and were able to stay open. I can't wait to see the new lodge! I would rate myself as an advanced-intermediate skier and beginner boarder. The hill has a great variety of runs ranging from beginner to expert (my personal favorites are Ricochet, Cannonball, and Thunder). I signed up for a board lesson at the Snow Sports School and am so grateful that I did! By the end of the day, I was turning (heel and toe) and able to get off the chairlift without falling (most of the time). The terrain parks are great in my opinion, but I'm not usually in them. There are three parks with rails, boxes, and they recently had a boarder cross race. Nightlife around Powderhorn is like a hidden gem. The Caribou had live music Friday and Saturday nights and the Pub and Grub was also a cool place to check out. It was great that the shuttle bus could drive us from our chalet to the bar, too! The staff was really helpful and friendly and the chocolate lava cake at the Caribou was AMAZING! Night skiing on Saturday was great, a little chilly, but still fun. Wish I was there now!