by: Kevin - 2nd February 2011

A nice big resort, hardly ever lines, price
A lot of flat areas, Staff on the mountain

I'm a snowboarder from Indianapolis and myself and 3 other friends decided to make the trek up to the U.P. where the better midwest skiing exists (hardly if any any lines too). The place is better than 75% of other places in the midwest but I wouldn't say it was worth the 10 hour drive. I happen to go the weekend before the lodge burnt down and they got DUMPED on which was great except for all the flat areas were that much harder to get through.People say they have long runs well thats because most have flat sections that take time to slowly get through. I didn't think there was a lot of diversity amongst the runs but I also was informed later that we missed some of the park (which I'm not sure how, but is true nonetheless). The lady that works behind the welcome counter is very nice and couldn't have accommodated us any better. For nightlife there is a bar town called Hurley, which is about 7 miles away(give or take?). It's got a strip of a variety of bars, perfect nightlife. They do have some great places to stay with great deals nearby which was perfect. Overall I had a great experience, mainly being amongst friends. Bessemer has good skiing but I wasn't overly impressed with this resorts runs.