The worst SE Michigan ski hill!

by: Ashpoo - Feb 17, 2010

Pros: Decent snow conditions

Cons: Bad chair lifts, nasty restrooms, unattentive staff

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

Wow, this place is horrible! The numerous "NO REFUNDS" signs at the ticket window should have been our first clue. Second, I used the women's restroom in the locker room and was absolutely disgusted. Toilet paper and dirty socks all over the floor, unflushed toilets in each stall, no toilet paper available, etc. That should have been clue #2. The black runs were more like difficult greens/easy blues. The chairlift servicing a majority of the greens (for our beginning friends) was not running. How could not service your greens?! A Ski Patrol guy said they rarely turn that chair lift on. Speaking of chairlifts, they are so old and slow. They're awkward to get on and off of. The operators are worthless. A friend of mine fell while getting off, but the operator was too busy smoking a cigarette to notice chair after chair of skiers unloading on top of my friend. Finally he heard us yelling for us to turn the lift off! The cafeteria was horrible too. They were so slow and unprepared to make food, we waited FOREVER for a slice of pizza and grilled cheese. My boyfriend did say that he liked the grooming and snow conditions but we will NEVER go back here. I will go back to Mt. Holly instead.