Location, Location, Location

by: gma1970 - Jun 22, 2009

Pros: Close To Boston

Cons: Very Dull Skiing

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2009

Wachusett makes an easy ski day possible for a lot of people who would otherwise need to travel quite a way to find a 1000' hill. I went on a Thursday and wasn't concerned about crowds. Although I see some previous remarks about crowds, the place looks like its set up to handle some pretty thick volume for its size. I had that Thursday off and was going skiing no matter what, so, I went East to beat some rain coming from the West that was going to be in Vermont by noon and was glad I did the way the day turned out. Now, a couple months later, I'm looking at a trail map, trying to come up with something specific to say about the terrain and, drawing a blank. It really is that bland. If it is your home hill, no more need be said. If you have a group of skiers with different abilities that wants to ski together for an afternoon without running up North, Wachusett will fit the bill. Families and beginner/intermediates, all set. Me, I'm gonna need another real specific reason to visit again.