by: anonymous_user - 14th January 2008

I had heard and seen the commercials for years, "Wawawa...", but hadn't thought much of going there...until two years ago. My parents and some friends had swung by Wachusett to take in some last gasp skiing, after having had a less-than spectacular time up in New hampshire (poor natural snow conditions, and not good snowmaking). They had a blast!! Too bad it was the end of the '05-'06 season...I wasn't able to go that year. Last year, though, I took a risk and bought a season pass (bronze). I figured that I'd need to go 5.5 times to get my money's worth ($199. at the time). Turned out that I had gone 14 times, mostly night-skiing after work, and could have easily gone more times. I bought a season pass for this year, too, and have gone twice, so far. I live and work just outside Boston, and have found going to Wachusett for night skiing to be a greatly convenient escape from a long work week. The trails are well lit; and the snowmaking can't be beat (as long as it's cold enough, they will make incredibly fine manmade snow to add to the natural stuff). I can leave work at five, get in five to twenty runs(depending on how long I spend in the lodge), and be back at home by 11pm, ready for the next work day. If only I'd started doing this years ago...the fun I would have had! It's just 55 miles from Cambridge or Brighton, out the Pike, Rte. 117, or Rte. 2. (exit 25 off Rte. 2) I don't ski on the Look Mom trail (rails and half-pipe) but it looks great from the ski lift, and the skiers and riders below seem to be having a blast!