by: RIMH - 28th January 2014

Close by, great for beginners, night skiing
Small, not go for experts, overcrowded, expensive

I grew up on this mountain, so I'll always have a special fondness for it in my heart, but that's about where it ends. This place is great for families, because a lot of locals dominant the mountain side, but that's also its downfall. Stay away once school gets out on a Thursday or Friday night, because that's when they'll all flood in. I do enjoy the fact that they had night skiing, and when I finally branched out to bigger mountains up in NH, I was confused that they didn't have it at all. Now, for all my cons; first off. For a weekend day ticket, it's $60. That's just a ridiculous ripoff. I belong to a local ski group (which they don't even belong to to give discounts), and I can go to Mount Snow on a Saturday for $64, and Sunday for $55. Even if I wanted to do a half day, it's not worth my wallet. I'm sorry, but I'd rather drive the 2 hours and pay a few bucks more for less drama and more space. And their season pass prices are a joke too. I got a Ski NH college pass when I was still in school, and I paid $279 for total access to Bretton Woods, Cannon, Cranmore, and Waterville Valley. I still can't get over how overpriced Wachusett is. And the food is stupid expensive too, but guess that didn't change much since I've grown up. Secondly, 85% of the staff are rude, that includes the kitchen staff and patrolman. The cashiers working in the cafeteria hate their lives and would rather be anywhere else butt there, and ski patrol look for ways to kick you off the hill. I get it that half your clientele are obnoxious 14 year old kids that think they can get away with anything, but most of us just want to ski. I feel like the place wasn't always as bad as it is now, but maybe becoming an adult as opened my eyes to things I never took notice to as a kid. In reality, it's a good hill to get kids started on, have them join their ski club at school to get them more involved and find others that like to ski too, because lord knows when you get older it's hard to find anyone to go with anymore. Go up and make your own judgment for yourself, but this is just a piece of friendly advice from a person who grew on that mountain.