Slushfest...It is Spring afterall

by: cripsychic - Mar 31, 2013

Pros: Night Skiing, Spring ticket discount, Not crowded today

Cons: Super Slushy snow, limited variety of runs, no seriously difficult runs

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2013

This is the last week Wachusett is open but I decided I really wanted to go skiing one more time before end of season (just got back from spring break skiing in Colorado...not even comparable, of course). The snow was very Spring-like. Slushy slushy slushy but still somewhat fun. It would not have been worth paying full price ticket for but we got the $20 night skiing deal so that made it worth it. The lighting is not that great, but it does the job, I suppose. Drove up from grad school in the boston area which took less than an hour.

Wachusett is nice if you're learning or intermediate but there are only a few Black runs and they are questionable (meaning, they are probably really "dark" blues at best). Not a huge mountain but close enough to Boston to scratch the skiing itch from time to time. [Note: they did not run groomers between the 9-4pm crowd and the night skiing crowd today. I've been to places where that is done but I didnt know if it was standard practice].