Pathetic

by: skigenome57 - Feb 17, 2011

Pros: Decent park, good tubing, great for beginners

Cons: The skiing is pathetic, obnoxious high school race teams, insanely expensive for what you get

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2007

Honestly, the skiing is so bad here that I'd rather tube than ski here. And for me, that's saying a lot. They have 4 chairlifts for a bump comparable to my back yard, yet they're always crowded. The park is decent, but I'm not really that type. If you're a beginner, you'll be happy here though. It's insanely expensive (considering what you get). Really, the tickets are higher than Wachusett (just an hour away with 5x the vert), and almost as high as up north. And don't even get me started on the food. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C. It's crowded on weekends and after 3:00 on weeknights, when the obnoxious HS racing teams show up in busloads, thinking they're the best skiers in the world. I am usually the type who is happy to be on snow no matter what, but this place is so bad that I can make an exception; yes, work is better than this. I stopped coming here nearly 5 years ago and never intend on returning.