My home town resort

by: trombone81 - Jan 5, 2010

Pros: amazing snow making and grooming

Cons: crowds on weekends & holiday's

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

I live only 25min from Jiminy Peak, It's where I learned to ski back in 2007. Being a local I enjoy coming wid week first thing in the morning parking in the front row, skiing first tracks and not having to wait in lines. I've seen many people get there start here with there great learn to ski program and I personaly love the variety of terrain. It helps to keep me in shape and allows me to prepare for visits up north where things are higher and steeper.

The snow making is top notch, and there alway's very quick to have more terrain open early in the season than anyone else around. Conditions are normaly great, as the day goes on trails get skied off and a little icy in the middle were in the east you know. However when the sun goes down Jiminy Shines, The nights skiing here is a magical experience. If you can cope with the cold The views from the top are Breathtaking and about half of the mountain is lit for night skiing.

There are many deals to be had to make skiing affordable, from reduced price season passes pre season, The Value card (get one), and e-coupons on the website several times a month. Skiing doesn't have to break the bank. Ohhhhhand Did I mention they have a Wind Turbine ;-) Enviromentaly friendly designes throughout the resort make enjoying nature Eco- friendly.