Blue Hills Ski Area Review

by: kusicc10 - Jan 22, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 22, 2008

I visited Blue Hills on a weekday morning. I had gone snowboarding a number of times in the past but wanted to take a formal lesson. I was pleased to pay $21 for a full day pass, and only $25 for a group lesson. Because it was a weekday, there were literally only about 10 people on the mountain, and I ended up getting a private lesson for the group rate. Despite the poor weather we'd had within the past week, the conditions were actually great, and the snow was very well groomed. My instructor was fabulous, very encouraging and patient, and every single staffer I met was extremely friendly and accomodating. The lodge is cozy and their snack bar seemed to offer quite a variety. The mountain is small but it's perfect for someone like me who doesn't need a ton of trails and is just looking for a place to practice and learn, (without having to go too far from the city.) It was very easy to find and the feel was very laid back and friendly. I would definitely recommend this ski area, especially for a beginner/ semi-beginner like myself. I hope to be back very soon.