by: anonymous_user - 3rd May 2008

I usually ski at a large resorts further north in Vermont, but this year for presidents day weekend I was with a mixed group of 4 skiers and I was hesitant to deal with the Holiday weekend crowds in VT. We found Berkshire east a charming oldtime mellow heaven. The snow conditions were excellent, and there were no crowds and very short (less that a minute) liftlines. I don't agree that they lie about the vertical, it's there, it's just that the base is low and the top isn't very high, but they have an awesome snowmaking system and a good water supply. We had lovely tree lined trails all to ourselves. There are long easy runs as well as steeper runs too. The really challenign terrain is there, but the snow hs to be good and you have to know where to look (it's on the map). The price of rentals and lift tix was excellent as was the local draft beer at the bar at the end of the day. This resort has no condos and no on mountain hotel or "pedestrian village" so that keeps the crowds down and the skiing the way it used to be, except better!