by: jstix55 - 19th December 2007

• Nightlife

My family has been coming to Wisp every New Years for 6 years. I am a leisure skier so I enjoy the long, meandering slopes. There are more advanced slopes that I can not comment on since I have never ridden them. I don't like to fall :-) The mountain is beautiful, the people are so friendly and the skiing is adequate. They are building so many new things at this resort. In a few years it will be the best on the east coast I think. They just opened one of only two in the world manmade white water rafting rivers, they have a rollercoaster open year round that goes down the mountain and they have plans to build one of those huge indoor water parks. They are in the process of building a little winter village on top of the mountain with shops and restaurants. The whole project is being modeled after Aspen. My family is from Washington, DC and we love it at Wisp so much that my parents built a house on the slopes a couple of years ago. We spend all our holidays there. It is just as fun in the summer. The lake is the cleanest and one of the most beautiful I have seen in the summer months. I LOVE Wisp! It truely is home away from home.