by: Cherokee - 7th January 2007

It's tough to give an accurate review of the terrain and crowd levels because only 30% was open due to the freak warm weather occuring in the past two months. What I can say is that Wisp has a respectable snowmaking and lighting system. There were a lot of blue runs with tight curves which was actually pretty fun. There appeared to be an ample amount of lifts to get people to the top. I am an average skiier and found the terrain to be about average. The black diamonds were pretty steep w/ moguls and did spice things up a bit. The vertical drop is a few hundred feet less than snowshoe/cannan/timberline, but I couldnt tell the difference at all. I didnt stay at the resort, but did find the restaurant at the lodge to be pretty nice. Service was great and it had a good atmosphere. There was ample space in the lodge, everything was kept up well. It was really cool that I didnt have to pay for a locker, just a deposit which was refunded at the end of the day. By far, Wisp had the best rental equipment compared to snowshoe and cannan valley. You can tell Wisp put some money into the place and cares about it's customers. Unless you're used to the rocky mountain terrain, I think anyone will have a great time here...when it starts snowing again!!