Very Nice Mid-Atlantic Resort

by: rjthiel - Jan 24, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff, Variety of runs,

Cons: Nothing Really Stands out as a Con

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

Went skiing with my wife, and since it was only her second time on skis, I spent most of the time on the beginner slopes with her, but I did make a few runs down most of the more difficult and two of the most difficult slopes. My wife thought the beginner slopes were great. I would agree that they have some very nice long beginner slopes. The other slopes I went down were nice although short. A couple of the more difficult runs had level sections which left you struggling to move forward. The staff at the lifts were very friendly and were often smiled and offered well wishes for an enjoyable run. We went on a weekday so the lines were non-existent and there were very few people on the slopes. It was really nice to be skiing down a run with no one in front of you or behind you for good stretches. The conditions on the slopes were good overall. There were some icy spots, but this is the Mid-Atlantic. We didn't get a chance to try out the other activities such as the tubing, ice skating, or coaster, so I can't rate those. The lodge was okay with standard expensive fare. My wife did say that the clam chowder was really good. We did have dinner at the restaurant, DC's I believe? and the food was really good. The prices here were expensive for what we ordered. The room was definitely dated, but clean. They also have an indoor pool, spa, and exercise room. Again, didn't try any of these out, but the pool looked like a nice size. Bottom line is we will definitely be going back.