Low Season At A Four Season Place

by: gma1970 - Mar 30, 2010

Pros: Neat Area

Cons: Not Much Of A Ski Hill

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

I guess I was disappointed after starting at Wintergreen, spending a couple days at Snowshoe and then, stopping here on my way home on an exploratory trip from New England in this weird snow year. The topography didn't give them much to start with and, for what they ask for a ticket, I'm gonna say, they haven't done a whole lot with it. Slow laps on slow lifts on a hill that offers a few wide, moderately pitched GS turns, a couple places to snap off quickies, some short distance, lazy cruising, and, not much else, isn't worth a trip if you aren't already there. I have a feeling they are equipped to handle folks or families that are new to the sport so you could probably have a pretty good experience if you need skis and a lesson. If you need to stretch your legs and you are within an hour, get on it. If you want to make some turns, or, there is fresh snow in the whole region, go somewhere else. Here's the thing though, I was only in town for a day, had a, not the best time on the hill and, would go check more of the town out anytime. Good soup and beer at the brewery, a nice innkeeper and, what looked to be a whole lot of warm weather opportunities, sure, I'd go back as long as skiing wasn't the primary mission.