Low Key Fun Shawnee

by: ann phelan - Feb 12, 2014

Pros: Low Key Chill

Cons: older lifts

Loved this little ski area. It's in a bit of a time warp, structure wise but the mountain is spot on perfect. The conditions were great with fresh snow and well groomed trails.

First off, Sue and the ladies in the office area were wonderful. I scored a super AAA deal for two afternoon lift tickets, a lesson and rentals saving 16.00! Nice trails and super instruction. Ron took me up on my 4th lesson/4th snowboard experience and helped me crank it up a notch. I oved the rental gear. My Burton LTR was a great board!!

My friend is an expert and rode the park until 9:30 PM. He love the VW bus and bug with rails. They have tubing area with a huge blow up landing in a big air bag. He did comment on the weird conveyor lift thingy that is not so well liked at SP. I did not use that lift.

We sat in the upper bar listening to Irish music, sipping beverages, eating ok food. It was a fun lively vibe, low key, nothing fancy.

Such a pretty place. I loved the view from the top. Amazing..I'd go back. NO crowds. One little thing; they don't have a fancy schmancy lift in the area I cruised and there was a big drop at the top landing with no slow down so I fell twice but made it up quick to get back down the amazing ride.