Saddleback Inc. Review

by: skiharmony - Dec 7, 2007

Date Visited: Dec 7, 2007

I too went to the area to ski Sugarloaf but ended up trying Saddleback because I heard so many good things about it from the locals. In my estimation, it is hands down, the best ski value anywhere in New England. The terrain is excellent-as challenging as anything I've skiied in the East. It's great for families and hardcore skiiers. It's the only relatively untappped big mountain left in the East as well, meaining crowds are still at a minimum. As the previous post mentioned they are ramping up a huge expansion plan and they've already started. There are 3 real estate projects currently going on and further lift and trail development plans are in progress. they have a state-of-the-art base lodge with great food and all the amenities. They plan to double the skiable acreage and there's already 60 great trails to choose from. I agree, the lifts aren't high speed but I believe every lift that's going in will be a medium-high speed quad going forward. The Kennebego T-Bar (currently the only lift to the summit) will be replaced by a quad chairlift for the 2008-2009 season. The expansion plans are impressive and I understand real estate is selling very well depsite the housing slow-down. Hope it doesn't get too crowded with all the great things they have planned in the future! Anyone who enjoys a big mountain ski experience (currently 2000 ft vertical with more vertical after expansion, and 4120 elevation) for the cheapest lift ticket around ($40) needs to check out Saddleback.