Read other skiers' firsthand reports from Lake Tahoe.

posted 2 years ago by bbl iPhone

Just returned from a week at Heavenly. Yes they need snow but the conditions were way better than most posts. Heavenly does a great job making snow and grooming. And how can you beat blue bird days and that view of the lake??
posted 2 years ago by 10 year comeback

Heavenly was fun a week ago or so, but snow is definitely needed. They did a great job working with the snow they had. I must say, the Heavenly staff and lift operators were awesome!
Northstar California +
Spring Snow
posted 2 years ago by Jason s

Beautiful summer day....in jan....
posted 2 years ago by cwesb3

Very little snow. The runs that were open were hard packed but overall I had fun. We went to heavenly but conditions looked worse than Kirkwood. Great service made it an enjoyable trip
posted 2 years ago by rider

Idk what your talking about steamboat had an epic year last year and another so far this year
posted 2 years ago by Jason's Iphone

It gets better. It really does. Sincerely, CO
posted 2 years ago by barbara

conditions are terrible. hardly any runs open. people are jammed into just a few trails so watch out around you. i got wiped out from behind. they groom open trails every nite and they are OK if you get out early or don't bother.
Boreal Mountain Resort +
posted 2 years ago by Arnie

Went today, Jan 15th 2014 from 2:15pm to 6:15pm, nice weather no new snow, good for park shred.
Northstar California +
posted 2 years ago by Chiberia-dude

Skied Tuesday, for what was open conditions were not bad. Top of Westridge turned into usual mess on ice. Burnout and Drifter in good shape, as were trails open at the top of Zephyr. Rest of Tahoe resorts only limited runs open. We need snow!
posted 2 years ago by kh.nn

Definitely better squaw . more lifts more trails. only resort I can go in this snowless season.
Hard Packed
posted 2 years ago by Levi Rowe

Conditions are not as horrible as people are saying. I used to snowboard most of the time down at Southern California resorts, they wish they had these types of conditions were there bad conditions. I had fun, bummed that I couldn't venture far but the Nevada side does accommodate. But watch out for Skyline and for a some surfacing rocks. I went the last two days, it was enjoyable and I'll be back in a few months.(hopefully the snow then will make everyone happy)
Machine Made
posted 2 years ago by David’s iPhone

perfect weather but in desperate need of new snow! they do great with what they have though
Variable Conditions
posted 2 years ago by Nicholas

A lot better than I had expected. Heavenly doing a good job keeping it up. Stagecoach was not good at all. Stayed near comet all day and snow was alright.
posted 2 years ago by Tahoe Skier

Re: pic from Funitel I think I see a couple obstacles poking through the snow . . .
posted 2 years ago by Anonymous

haha 39 inchis is such a lie we have had one storm this whole year. might be 39 inches where they maid a snow mound.