by: Skier K - 16th March 2010

Close to home
False advertising causing us to miss our skiing on break

We had been planning on going to Mt. Crescent for our spring break in lieu of going to Colorado skiing. We had been checking their website daily for a month. When we were one week away from going they added another 2 weeks to their March calendar stating that--- Spring skiing is great- We are making snow--Look at the snow we have... Well with them then adding another 2 weeks after our planned ski break , I felt confident and booked a hotel room that could not be cancelled. Two days before our trip they post that they were now closing for those two days to save snow for the weekend. So we suck it up and go spend two aimless nights in a hotel waiting for the weekend skiing. We check the website Friday afternoon around 3:00 and it still says open on March 13 and 14th for spring skiing we are making snow. Okay well at least we will get one day in now before we have to go home. We arrive Saturday to dirt patches and it is closed. A worker tells us they haven't made snow in a long time as it has to be 20 degrees or colder to do that. WE tell him about the website and he says nothing. They lied and knew it and strung us along. Another car also pulled in after us wanting to ski. Be truthful...I could have taken us to CO or SD if you would have been truthful. I will never be back as I can never put any faith into what you say. Believe me all of my skiing friends are just as appalled at your business tactics!