by: anonymous_user - 27th February 2008

I just returned from a trip to Perfect North with my wife and 5 year old son, Feb 24-26 2008. I have been out west and to Canada snowboarding several times, this year we couldnt make a long trip so we were looking for something close to home.P/N is 280 miles from us (Nashville). This was my first experience with man made snow. I was very surprised, it did snow the day before we went out, I dont know how much that effected the conditions, I dont think a whole lot but it did make for nice scenery, where everything was white around us. Anyway, I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Lawrenceburg, new hotel and very nice. Simple and reasonable, 2 lift tix included at 149.00 per night. Our first day was a Sunday, we got there in the late afternoon around 4PM it was very busy, we didnt ski that day. Monday we returned at 9:30 AM and it felt like we were the only ones there, very cool! We rented skis for my son, like another reviewer stated the smell in the rental facility is horrible, I dont know what the heck that is but I would address it if it were my place! Since it was basically my first time renting anything I thought they could have been more helpful, all very young people working and just hanging around talking to each other. They pointed me in the direction of the boots and said find his size. It is very bizarre to just place your wet boots back on the rack, seems very unsanitary, next time I'll take some Lysol. Other than that, the ski'ing was awesome. My sons instructor was very nice. I took a snowboard lesson from jan, he was very cool and very helpful. I guess because I have been to places like Whistler/Blackcomb and the likes, I didnt expect much from this place, so I was really surprised, I thought it was pretty nice other than the funky rental situation. Guys fix that stink! HAHA (no really kill it before it grows) I really enjoyed myself as did my son and wife. I will return next year for a quick and inexpensive trip.