It's a skiing amusement park

by: alexis_e_barton - Feb 15, 2010

Pros: OK food, large ski shop

Cons: Steep, Not for Snowboarding, Terrible Lines, Rude employees

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

I am both a skier and a snowboarder and this weekend my family went to PNS. Our "home" slope is Swiss Valley in Jones, MI and after a day spent here, I missed it terribly and wished I hadn't spent 45$ for a lift pass. For one thing, the lift pass is only able to be used for 8 hours. It would take me 30 minutes to get to the top of the hill. The lines were unlike anything I'd ever seen before. They would not let a lift go up if it didn't have 4/3 people in it (depending on the lift size) and they would stop it and squeeze another one in if it didn't. If you missed a lift or something the people who worked there were really rude to you. They wasted so much energy starting and stopping the lift to fit four people on it that it scared me. At Swiss Valley, it may be small, but the people working there don't care how many people you put on the lift as long as you keep it moving. This place is mainly for skiers, it's too steep for snowboarding (which is what I did that day) and I probably won't be visiting there again.