by: stevenstclair - 30th November 2006

Paoli is the first place I ever went snowboarding. That is where I got my first lesson, and started to get the hang of snowboarding. Also it was a place I went to almost every year I was in high school with a certain group of friends. So I have to say Paoli is kind a traditional place for me and my friends. It has a lot of sentimental value. Anyhow, the snow is pretty much 100% man made. Im pretty sure they barely even opened last year due to the fact that the weather didn't get good enough to make any snow. But thats ok because the hotel we usually stay at which is French Lick Springs, in French Lick, was shut down due to the fact of remodeling and putting in a casino. But there is a good chance we will be going back this year. I think there is like somewhere like 3 - 5 lifts, and maybe like 8-14 runs at the most. If you have a chance to go to Colorado, or Utah, go there. But this place is cool to go to on a weekend for a short vacation. The only problem I ever had with the place was that sometimes it can get very icey, especially at night. Also one trip there, there was actually bald spots in the snow where there was patches of grass. I had a friend hit one and go flying into mud. It was not cool. But overall its a decent place. Also its cool place to learn your sking or snowboarding skills for the first time.