by: Jun - 25th January 2012

Great for snowboard ski practices
a little overpriced

I keep practicing my snowboarding and skiing skills on this resort every time we have a big snow storm because this resort can really accumulate great amount of snow. The resort itself is also facing the "North Face" direction which is basically the best side of the mountain because it is not getting hit by the Sun light so much. So the powder snow that it accumulates does not melt at once and it stays powder for so long. I love this resort because I only live less than 10 minutes drive, so if get bored at home and just wanted to vent out or do something outdoor activities, I just drive to this resort and pretty much spend almost half of my day. The resort also just upgraded their quad chairlift, and it has snow tubing for others who are just interested with sledding or snow tubing. The cafeteria of this resort is also good but not great because it seemed to be lacking some more tables and chairs during the busiest days...just like when there is snowstorm, because that is when everybody shows up. Also, I don't like the entrance to the cafeteria because it requires you to go around the whole main front building when they already have a side entrance facing the walk-way to the ski school area. So, they should do something about the convenience of coming into the cafeteria. The rental place is also not bad, they have descent gears but beat up lockers though. Sometimes they get stuck. So careful on using their lockers. Other than that, it is still a great resorts with tow ropes and one quad chairlift. Great beginners area slopes for learning the sports.