by: Eric M - 29th January 2011

Short Lines
Steep Icy exits from lift

Yes it is ranked #2 in Illinois but it should be noted that there are really only 2 ski resorts in illinois that are not a terrain park only or small hills outside an apartment complex in the Chicago burbs. The beginner area was great for our first timers. My biggest complaint would have to be the exit ramps from the chairlifts. I have been boarding for 4 years and by no means am I an expert, but to me the exits ramps from the lilfts were very short, steep, and icy. If I didn't fall myself, someone else on the chair with me would and shove me down in the process. The only lift that was reasonable broke down for the duration of the time I was there and there was no attempt made at all to make the other lifts more usable. It made me really not want to go down the hill knowing I would have to ride the lift back up and try and get off with three other people scrambling to stay up also. Next time I will likely just take the extra time and go to Chestnut or any of the resorts in Wisconsin. That being said, it is a very reasonably priced location and to be fair you get what you pay for.