Silver Mountain Review

by: jestertatt - Jul 17, 2007

Date Visited: Jul 17, 2007

I read some of the other reviews, sorry about your lift troubles, but I have to say I have never encountered a problem at Silver Mt. I love Silver Mt. for a lot of reasons, first being that I don't have to drive up the mountain (and more importantly don't have to drive DOWN the mountain after a great day of skiing and drinking and skiing). If you stay at the Morningstar Lodge you are within walking distance of the Gondola (stayed there for a weekend, rooms are nice but kinda small for 4). Better to stay in one of the many houses that short term rent in Kellogg. Had a blast on the Mt. last New years wknd, conditions were good (although there were icy spots on several of the shaded parts of the mountain in the mornings, easily avoided by skiing other parts of the mountain until sun was up) This Mountain has a LOT to offer, wide variety of skiing, (sometimes have to look for it, not always marked well) and new tubing park for the kids and non adventurous adults. Had great snow last year and hoping for the same this coming season. One of my favorite places to be!!