Silver Mountain Review

by: malibucarla - Jan 24, 2007

Date Visited: Jan 24, 2007

The slopes were steep and icey the first day we went, but with lots of snow the next day it was fabulous! I do agree that there are many narrow runs but it didn't matter with all the new snow falling on Christmas day. And NO LINES to speek of is always nice. :)

the Morningstar lodge was beautiful and cozy and we thought the beds were comfy. The first night was great the second wasn't as good since we had the romance package and they forgot our gift basket and then had to rush it up when we finally called about it. no big deal, but don't expect much the basket was cheesey. Then our nieghbors checked in around 5:30 and we could tell..NOISEY KIDS from 5:30 -9:30 when we called the desk to complain. From the answer I got when I called I could tell they've had complaints like this before so I had a previous review of the place in the back of my head at that point. The walls are pretty thin and if you've got a noisey family with screaming crying yelling running and slamming doors type of kids with parents who obviously never tought them how to behave when they stay in places like this its pretty uncool. Ultimately I'm more mad at the other guests (the parents specifically for not managing their offspring particularly) than the Mornigstar Lodge and its employees.
It is way better than any Motel 6 (and I've stayed in the Motel 6 in Sandpoint)