by: anonymous_user - 8th March 2008

Overall, not too bad a place. I hadn't been to Silver in years, so we went to see how things have changed and look at Silver as a season pass option for 2008-2009. The good: Really varied and expansive terrain for a rider...good groomers and glades. Very friendly staff (instructors, lift operators, and moguls crew). Absolutely no lift lines. East access off I-90...about an hour from Spokane. Good food and beer in the bar. For the non health aware eaters like me, I'd recommend the Redhook onion rings and a pint of Mirror Pond. The bad: The gondola ride is a bit long and distracting when you're itching to get going with the day. The gondola cars are getting old and pretty beat up. No runs lead directly back to the main lodge...you have to take a series of chairs to get back, which forces you to plan a bit. The room rates at the village hotel below are steep for a place that does not offer ski in/ski out access. However, the addition of the water park may change this if they don't jack up the rates once it's online. The verdict: I'd recommend Silver. We'll be getting passes for the place for 08-09...the rates have just been posted and are very reasonable for what you get.