by: anonymous_user - 24th January 2008

Hey this is some negative press for a ski hill that myself and family have enjoyed for the last seven years. OK a couple of reasons why I like Silver Mountain 1)its close to home, ten minutes from my house 2)It costs me 750 bucks a year for the entire family for a season pass, thanks to the Military/ EMS/Fire/ Police discount that Silver offers (by the way the only ski hill in the area to offer a military discount, thanks for supporting the troops guys! ) 3)No lift lines, skied this entire week during the Christmas Rush, yes lots of folks I have not seen on the mountain before, holy smokes those people are speaking Japanese! But still, no lift lines, made 15 runs before lunch and skied to the chair every run. I have skied all over the world folks, and worked the ski industry and never seen a hill during Christmas with no lift lines. Except Silver Mountain. 4)Hey the tube hill rocks! Try it for 5 bucks for season pass holders! Seen enough things at Silver Mountain that have not worked (remember the ice skating rink, the Bonfire and Snow Dance this year, The Dickens Festival in 02? Hey this Tube Hill seems like a good idea. It might work! And cant wait for the Indoor Water Park. Hope that is open to the public! Ok a couple of complaints and to answer the mail from the sour grapes crowd: 1)Apres Ski? Who cares? A well skied day and you should be in bed by 8:00 PM, if you have energy to go out and hit the town then you did not ski hard enough. Apres Ski for us is Chili at home and a movie to fall asleep too. 2)Broken Lifts: Yep I was hot last year when Chair 4 was down, but things seems to be on the mend at Silver, Chair 4 has been renewed this year. Seems to be working well 3)Hike to ski terrain is getting hard to get to. Yep that hike to Wardner Peak off chair 4 is tough, but worth the trip and it does keep you wimps off my powder. Around town the talk is that a bunch of these negative comments are from angry employees that left Silver for Lookout. Maybe they are upset at the success of Jeld Wen Company to sell out the condos at the base of the hill in days, or maybe they are mad that they did not buy a couple of houses in Kellogg for 5k a couple of years ago and flip them for 5 times that much later. Either way I hope that they get over it, its about skiing and enjoying the sport with your family at an affordable price. I hope that management at Silver realizes that it is about skiing for most of us I hope Silver can make a dollar, not get overun with lift lines and keep the cost low for us. If that changes I will go down the road. For now however I will enjoy the great tree skiing, low prices and no lift lines. If you want high prices and long lines go somewhere else.