by: anonymous_user - 26th January 2007

We had a great couple days at Silver (Jan 13 and 14). Good crowd but not crowded. My girlfriend said she had as much fun skiing it as she did Lake Tahoe (never been so don't know). Someone commented below that the rooms were not a good deal and you should stay at a local hotel. Well, I stayed at a local hotel the first night there (because I got into town at 10pm), and there is simply no comparison between a chain hotel and the MorningStar Lodge at Silver. I couldn't sleep at all in the hotel room due to cruddy, dry heater and lots of noise. At MorningStar, we could hear kids every now and then, but not bad. Plus, the price is not bad at all. My girlfriend and I each skied two days (full days) and stayed one night in the lodge. Total cost was $250. In general, the place is a diamond in the rough. Great snow, fun terrain, no switchbacks to drive up, good weather everytime I've been, and a good crowd. I can't wait to see the village grow and the atmosphere and asthetics around it improve (they are remodeling the gondola building, and landscaping will do wonders). Plus, golf course and water park will be a great addition. It's not there yet, but this is going to be a really cool "budget" full-service destination.