by: anonymous_user - 27th December 2006

As a casual and infrequent skier at Silver Mountain and all the other mountains in the area for the last 6+ years I really must respond to some of the negative comments posted on this site. First of all, to blatantly compare certain attributes to another nearby competitor sounds like a planned hatchet job to me. I would like to set the record straight, at least from my viewpoint. I have skied 80% of the major resorts in North America and have written several articles as a freelance writer for some major newspapers coast to coast. Is any ski resort perfect? Simply, no and Silver Mountain is certainly no exception. Maturity in their apres ski and some mountain amenities are certainly needed but it is a great ski mountain. I must also add that they are working on all of these and have made vast improvements over the last six years. First let’s get some facts correct: 1)The first anomaly is the fact that a review was written and ratings noted on ski conditions about a ski resort on November 16th when I believe that Silver Mountain did not even open until Thanksgiving weekend. I have stayed in their lodge and it is one of the best values at any ski area. The Motel 6’s in California sure must be much nicer than the ones anywhere else I have been. 2)This brings me to the post on Nov. 24th. I believe that this was one of the first, if not the first day they were open, and as with all ski areas that early in the season, they open with limited terrain. Yes, that day it was probably was a good 1/2 day ski but you missed the best most challenging 65% of the mountain. How in the world can anyone in their right mind write a complaint about ski conditions at Thanksgiving anywhere? By the way please look in the dictionary to read the difference between a "cat walk" and a "cat track". Granted Schweitzer is a larger mountain but I don’t believe they were even open yet? Truthfully, I have not skied Schweitzer as much as Silver but I will tell you that 8 out of 10 times I have, it has been in the fog with mediocre grooming at best. 3)I am not going to even comment on the moron that calls himself “treesker”. Perhaps that appropriate moniker is from hitting too many trees? Hopefully, this knuckle dragger should "ride" at his obvious favorite mountain and out of the way of those who enjoy Silver. Since most of these posts all have a similar common thread (a specific reference to Schweitzer Mountain and no reference to any other mountain in the area) I must suspect their credibility and I do believe they are of a regional “competitive” nature and not to be taken at face value.