by: jase - 6th March 2011

• Nightlife
Great snow, right off of I-90, excelent terrain, friendly staff, inbounds hiking areas
Slow lifts, doesnt flow well when the bottom is closed

This is my third season with a season pass at silver, and I love it. Silver consistently gets the best snow in the area ( though rarely a freak storm may hit mt. spokane a little harder), when schweitzer and spokane only get 3-4" silver has like 7-8". The gondola is nice, since one doesnt have to go up the old sketchy road, but it is kind of annoying being 30 minutes from your car if you forget something in the vehicle. The terrain is nice, mostly blue. The steep stuff is a little harder to access, you dont necessarily have to hike to get to them, but they arent always easy to get to. The park is good for the size of the resort. When the bottom of jackass is closed, the mountain doesnt flow very well. The ski patrol is cool, they let me and some friends build a kicker on one of the runs and they didnt even knock it down 2 weeks later. The lifts kind of suck. They are slow and there are no detachables. Though, schweitzer aside, they have the best lifts in the are (its sad, I know). Overall, silver is a nice all around place. Not as steep as I would like, but it has awesome tree skiing.