by: Jon W. Ingalls - 17th April 2009

Great mountain
Management shortened season

Here we go again... look around OntheSnow.com and you will find many ski resorts catering to those wanting to ski until you start turniing up dirt. Not a Schweitzer! This is the second year in a row they have closed this great mountain with epic snow coverage (150+ inches of base). Why not embrace a scaled back, front side only business plan to keep the fun going until we break out the mountain bikes? It is CRAZY to close a mountain this good with epic coverage only because managemet says "we're tired, that's enough." Figure out a way to be profitable and let us keep the fun going until it's either unsafe or the snow is gone. Don;t get me wrog, this is a well managed, world-class resort, but I complained last year when Schweitzer closed with a record 160+ inches of snow coverage. It's only because the potenital is there for much more fun that I feel deprived. With the kind of snow we have been receiving over the last few years, even with paultry 6,700 foot mountains, we CAN ski until June if you would let us. Thank you for a good year, but I lobby for a longer season. For management... note today on Onthe Snow.com how many resorts are still OPEN while you are closed. They have found the business plan to make it happen, why can't you?