Bogus Basin Review

by: anonymous_user - Jan 25, 2007

Date Visited: Jan 25, 2007

I've heard stories about Bogus Basin for years, finally got around to putting it on my list of places to ski. My cousin (a boarder & local) took some time off work to lay down some tracks with me.

What a great mountain! Or should I say 2 mountains. The lower village is serviced by intermetiate/beginner lifts and the opposite facing mountain, serviced by the upper village is intermetiate to double black. Lots of well groomed cruisers with parallel tree and powder runs.

Village" is this case meaning ticketing, parking, WC and eats. The mountain is small town feel with big time skiing. Great lift service, although weekends can have long lift lines...ski on to chair weekdays, even on powder dump days.

Snowfall can be a problem. Low levels of snow will limit mountain accessibility on some runs. Generally mountain is well prepared for skiing on small amounts of accumulation.

Will I be back? Yes, in a heart beat... This is a smaller scale mix of Deer Valley, Sun Valley, Mt. Bachelor and Crystal Mountain, with 25 minute downtown Boise in Valley.

No comments on terrain park (didn't see it) and any after ski activity would be 25 minutes down mountain... this is a skier/boarder mountain, with limited on mountain lodging.