by: Ed Lurie - 28th January 2010

The best Terrain & Snow period!
Tram line can get long, lower Mtn can get crusty.

We were lucky enough to ski Jackson Hole for five straight days in powder to the knees. Jackson is pure and simply the best Black diamond mountain for advanced skiers. You can ski 4200' vertical on nothing but blacks, with an amazing amount of varied terrain. I've never found an equal to this pure vertical wonder. Skiing top to bottom through the Rendevous bowl, Central Chutes,the Laramie bowl, etc, etc......all blacks took ~26minutes, only stopping twice to catch my breath. The powder in the Hobacks is legendary, and we saw a moose and her calf romping in the outer left Hoback. Fresh powder can always be found all over the mountain. Honestly, the closest rivals I've found are Vail for overall terrain and Taos for the steeps, my next two favorite Mtns respectively. The town of Jackson is also great, and can be walked around easily. Plenty of nice resteraunts, lodging is great whether slopeside luxury or budget Inns in town with free shuttle service. We stayed cheap in town, and had a great time focused on the skiing. I only wish I were close enough to drive, but at least the airport is really close to the Town of Jackson (only a 15 minute ride). It was the best flying experience I've had in the Rockies. I can't wait to get back to Jackson Hole.