by: mtbporru - 18th March 2008

march 18,2008. we live in westchester so it was a 2-2.5 hr drive for us. we got there at 930am. didn't know what to expect since every surrounding mountain had no snow at all. grass and rock. our first few runs were pretty nasty. they had just got 4 inches of snow the weekend before but monday it had the chance to turn icy and granular very like rice crispies.it was so loud it sounded like it was damaging my board. i wanted to leave. falling at all would have been a painful disaster. powder was MIA. It was like ice pellets. we stopped for drinks and a sandwich and went up again. somehow the afternoon warmth and all the 200 skiers there had chopped up the ice rocks and formed a soft hash that was pleasant.our first time here we had nothing to compare to but Vermont and Vail. The 7 or 8 runs they have can be glided down in two minutes so they were very short runs, no gondolas.I probably came here pretty spoiled. powder conditons of vermont long runs at vail, gondolas. satisfied my longing to board at the end of a season when the sun is out and there is no snow in NY but I won't be back to this mountain.Was cheap though for lift tickets.