Aspen Highlands Review

by: ArrowHead - Apr 15, 2007

Date Visited: Apr 15, 2007

I'm a Front Ranger that typically skies Mary Jane, Winter Park, & Copper but for each of the past 7 seasons I've made twice seasonal trips to Aspen to ski.

'Highlands is without hesitation my favorite of the Aspen hills. From the 1st time I skied it I understood why it was labled the 'locals favorite'. It became an instant favorite of mine. Honestly, it took me several seasons before I could ski with confidence the Steeplechase area & try the infamous, Highland Bowl. But, now that I have I love this place.

The spectatular views from 'Highlands, the Maroon Belles & Pyramid peak are perhaps the best in the state.

I've always enjoyed the fact that 'Highlands doesn't seem to cater to the ka-ching kaching, bling bling crowd like Ajax. I feel at home at Higlands & always welcome. Eating @ the Merry Go Round reminds me of the 'old school' on mountain restaurants of a by gone era.

Finally, when talking about my experiences & impressions of Aspen with out-of-state people I always tell them that 'Highlands is my favorite & THE place to go for an authentic skiing experience. You simply can't go wrong @ 'Highlands.