by: alvlee01 - 29th March 2009

Big resort, plenty of open lifts, long trails
skiers paradise, not good for boarders

I've been to this resort several times, and each time I've asked myself why I bothered to come back. The night boarding/skiing is great IF you don't mind waiting 10-30 minutes in line at the tram to even get up the mountain. The rest of the time, the place is specifically designed for skiers, not snowboarders. When it comes to trails, they tend to bottom out and if you haven't maintained a fairly fast pace of speed you'll end up having to walk until you hit steeper terrain. This is one of the first places I boarded where I saw trails that went uphill (heavenly being the other resort). It might seem like an exaggeration and though its no vertical face, trails that are flat or have a slight upward grade is not a place snowboarders want to be. A lot of the trails are very narrow meaning if you have someone ahead of you who's a little slower than yourself getting around them can pose a challenge. Lastly, and one major pet peeve for me is getting to the bottom of this mountain is a broad statement. It is easy to get lost and unlike many other resorts not all trails lead to the same bottom. I've found myself at three different sides of the mountain from the same lift and had to take the shuttle back to the village several times. Overall, it's a average to barely just above average resort that has more bark than bite.