by: Bmorabito - 16th March 2009

There is never any lines and the price is really cheap $45.
There is no real town at Brian Head just a few stores and a market.

I have been going to Brian Head for the last 5 years. I live in southern California and I have the choice of going to many different resorts. If I have 4 or more days off I travel to Lake Tahoe but if I am just boarding for the weekend I try to go some where that is closer to me. Well I was going to mammoth all the time on the weekends but their prices start to become outrageous, I mean $80 - $90 outrageous. So one of my friends turned me onto Brian Head. The drive for me is about 30 min more then driving to Mammoth but cost about have of what it is at Mammoth. Their are many reason to go to Brian Head like the fact that even on holidays there is barley ever a line. The resort is not that big but with no people there it seems huge. The people that work there are very nice, it gives you that family feel unlike the big resorts that are owned by big corporations just trying to take as much money as they can. The last thing I like about the mountain is that the snow is pretty good the last time I went it snowed 12" which made it a perfect day because the sun came out and I got an awesome view of the whole valley with the red rocks. My routine is that I leave right after work on Friday drive 6 hours to Cedar city to get their around 12:00 am Utah time and stay Friday night their. Then I leave the hotel around 8:30 in the morning and head to Brian Head about another 30 min away where about 10 min is mountain driving. Then I board all day until 4:30. After I am done boarding I head down to Vegas which is a little over 2 hours to drive and I stay for Saturday night, then I drive home Sunday. It is a great little weekend trip that I love to do.