by: tom travis - 17th January 2007

Pico Peak is a great place to ski for a day and should not be missed if you are skiing for several days in the Killington region. The view from the summit toward the north is superb and better than that from Killington. The six runs from the summit to the bottom of the summit express lift are splendid; they are fairly narrow, twist and turn, and quite challenging. They also will be less crowded than ones at Killington. The trails from the other lifts, however are ordinary and have modest vertical drops. Also, Killington neglects Pico, which means that the snow-making and grooming are not as good as at the parent mountain. However, with excellent conditions, the summit trails are some of the best in New England, although they would not hold my interest for more than a day. You could buy a ticket covering both areas and ski a day at Pico and the rest of the time at Killington. My rating of the terrain below is based on the whole ski area; if I were only rating the summit trails my score would be a 5. I gave the terrain park a 1 because I do not recall a park being there, but I last skied the area several years ago.