Great Family Place

by: mohara28 - Jan 25, 2009

Pros: Runs, lifts, in Yosemite, friendliness of staff

Cons: Not for the black diamond skier

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

This is the best family resort i have ever skied at. Nice and helpful staff greet you in the rental area if necessary - and another thing i liked is that you can purchase everything right there when getting your rental gear.

Runs are for the beginner to intermediate skier. I found that a variety of ski lessons were available - from the beginner to those like my self who used to ski be need a refresher lesson (advanced skier). The lines a very short and runs are great for those who like smooth wide runs. The mountain and other amenities are in very good shape.
Another plus i think is the fact that you are in Yosemite and about 30 min from Yosemite Valley where there is a 4 star hotel. On top of the mountain you can see all the way to the valley and deep into Yosemite - it is beautiful.

They were so accommodating that when we spent over $400.00 on various ski packages, they allowed us to apply that amount toward season passes.

The bottom line is this - on the way home when asked individually how each would rate the overall day, we all gave it "10". I was the last to give it such a high mark,though it was not just because it was a great place to ski, but it was because we all had such a great time together as a family.

If any Badger Pass people are reading this - Thanks from the O'Hara for a great day.

P.S. We have been back several times and it has been great each day. It has brought us closer together as a family. - I love seeing my wife and kids skiing next to me and having a great time doing it!!!!!!!!