by: dlopiano - 4th March 2013

The bar isnt bad
Icy conditions, Narrow trails that aren’t fully covered, unfriendly management, no satisfaction guarantee policy.

I wouldnt recommend this mountain for beginners. The size and steepness of the mountain is favorable to beginners, however the conditions of the terrain are not. Ive visited swain multiple times in hopes that they would redeem themselves. Every time I have been there the conditions were very icy, not to mention there were spots that weren™t even fully covered and undergrowth was visible and sticking out at least a foot from the ground. I am an experienced rider. I have been to various mountains, and these conditions were in my opinion unacceptable, especially for someone learning. After expressing my disappointment to the management after only 20 minutes of being there, my feelings were dismissed in a very rude manner. The manager said that they weren™t going to do anything about it because people were so-called raving about how great the conditions were, and were supposedly raving all over Facebook. The management didnt even express any sort of apology at the very least. They continued to lie about what people were saying. I even went as far to check their Facebook page to see the fans raving. There wasn™t a post in sight about these so-called excellent conditions. Its one thing to have sub-par conditions, but to lie and be rude to a customer is another. I will never go here again. I will continue to go to the other mountains in the area which have better conditions, not to mention a pleasant staff.