Completely ripped off

by: cassella - Jan 24, 2013

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Where do I begin? Completely bogus charges.

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2013

My son spent 5 days during "college week" at Killington in the Pinnacle condo's. While the deal seemed good at first, it became readily apparent what was brewing when I (Dad) had to give them my credit card for any potential "damages". We checked him in and at the start the place was a dump. While it was somewhat clean at first glance, after a few minutes the odors started to settle in, the mold and grime in the crevices became noticeable, etc.

But I was fine with that, as was he. After all who cares when you're 19, right? So I picked him up and the place was actually cleaner than it was when we checked him in. The only thing we didn't do was run the dishwasher - we loaded it but there was no detergent. We also didn't make the beds as they had to be stripped and changed anyway. One of the managers actually came to the unit as we were leaving to ask how things went and I actually asked her about the beds and the dishwasher. We were told everything looked good.

So what do I get as dad for this? A completely false $200 charge on my credit card a few days later. When I called to question it, I was initially given the runaround and 'Nancy' couldn't even tell me what the charge was for. Next day I get a follow up call and was told it was an "extra cleaning fee", that we left it "trashed". As I pressed for more details, it became very clear to me they were fabricating everything. I argued to no avail. And $200 to clean what is about an 800 sq ft condo? They have taken complete advantage as they saw an opportunity to pull extra $$$ out of Dad and I basically have no recourse.

STAY AWAY - go ski for the day then GET OUT.