by: cplacido - 6th January 2013

Alright Hills
Rental equipment, Maintenance, lodge

They boast about a Bar and Grill but the bar lacks many mixes of drinks and many liquers. The place does not seem to be well cared for or managed at all. The flight of stairs leading down to the mountain from inbetween the lodge (covered with shops on both side) were icy and dangerous while in ski boots the steps were rusty metal over concrete. The hill was alright but during their break for grooming not ONE groomer went over the hill, they only stopped people skiing because the lift operators wanted a break. This place is not cheap either, to rent skis and buy a lift ticket it is $65 per person although there was a couple extra dollars for the midnight skiing. However if you plan to rent equipment AVOID this place. My girlfriend and I rented skis hers were much better waxed and slid across the snow very nice. Mine however I had to switch 4 times to skis that were still not as slippery and hers and they were longer. I could go straight and she would pass me doing cuts, rediculous. I then opted for a snowboard and it was still slow to move. for instance you can not get back to the lift by just sliding down the hill you will stop way before the lift and have to walk there, mind you this is still all downhill but a much lower grade. The equipment was soo bad that to go down a slight decline ( not a hill but slight ups and downs across the terrain) you had to scoot. Hers which obviously had been maintenanced would slide right down. And for the record there were more than just 1 person with this problem while I was in there changing out mine. Their solution to the skis needing help, they just put them back in with the other skis, gee I wonder why there is a problem. Absolute waste of money for the service and rental alone. BTW , Each time I went in to exchange skis I was looked at like I was having a personal problem instead of the actually interested in the problem they were having with their skis. This was January 5 2013. They claimed it was the snow. Two people rent, both go down hill straight, one person hits bottom 15 to 30 seconds before other one, dont tell me its the snow. The rope lift was also way too fast for a little one trying to learn to ski. I tried to snowboard and never knowing how went to the rope lift. It was extremely difficult holding it and getting up not to mention I cant imagine your gloves surviving this for over 15 times before you burn holes in them from trying to grab the rope.