Safety from those skiing out of control?

by: jkangas1 - Dec 22, 2012

Pros: Staff, slope grooming

Cons: NO active monitoring visable

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2012

Below is my experience, opinion and expectation (met or not met).

After several near misses, I was hit from behind by an out of control skiier - it could have been very bad for one or both of us, but she hit square on my side and it was *just* whip lash for me (I hope she is ok, since I was the large of the 2 of us).

But what really bothered me is that I found NO evidence of SKI patrol doing any monitoring during the 3 days I was there. Didn't see anyone getting the "talk" - let along yanking passes of skiiers who were obviously out of control. Kinda hard to miss, when the high speed chair was passing over most of the ski-able slopes that day.

Not sure if they see that as their job.
In my experience - at other venues - that has always been the domain of the Ski Patrol.
And the front office indicated that Ski Patrol was the one to talk to.

I sent the mgmt an email, posted on facebook and posting on this site - I can't recommend for skiiers who want to take a longer route down the hill (other than straight down). I couldn't find a site to review Ski Patrol directly, if they had one would post there too. (also didn't find ANY way to contact Ski Patrol with email or internet).

I applaud the ski school - if you do go - use them (broke down technique very well)
I applaud the staff - very curtious.
Slopes were groomed nicely and they were aggressively making snow.
Not a boarder, but the ramps and jumps looked groomed daily too.

I hope the facility does well and those that go enjoy themselves.
For me - If I heard about safety changes/improvements - I would definately go back.