Not worth the drive!

by: sklein - Dec 2, 2012

Pros: Good Snow.

Cons: Nothing good left to say

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2008

As you read the other reviews you can see that all talk about the snow. Yes I will concede that the snow is good but it comes at a price. From the map you can see that there are only 2 chairs. What the map doesn't tell you is that you have to walk/hike to chair 2 from the top of chair 1. Not easy if you are a snowboarder. Manageable only if you have poles to push you up the small hill to chair 2. Once you get to the top you have to deal with too much ice near the terrain park, never a good idea to mix the two.
While the snow is good in most parts of the mountain it can be too deep. I liked the pow but there was a lack of vertical terrain that allowed sufficient speed to get through the deep snow. Also if you pay close attention to the map you will see that you will have a lot of walking/hiking to do to get to chair 1 from the bottom of some runs. While this was a nuisance as a snowboarder, perhaps in my previous life as a skier I wouldn't be as bothered by all the flat spots on the mountain.
Overall I was sorely disappointed in all aspects of this mountain (and I have boarded 9 of the mountains in Idaho so I know a little about ski hills), and that includes my meeting with the ski patrol hut who knew very little about first aid.