by: Tim Thornhill - 23rd December 2011

Pool, hottub (not spa)
Lack of service

We arrived at Sunrise Ski Resort on 12/22/2011, we upgrade to a better room but was put in a room that had no heater, no hot water and the sheets had stains all over them. I ask the front desk that hey had made a mistake so they put us in another room. This room was a little better but still no hot water, no room phone, the heater made a noise that sounded like it was going to blow up and the room key would not work. Once again we were changed into another room on the second floor. The third room was much better but still had a very strong smell to it, the phone work somewhat. That night we decided to go to the Resort restaurant and I must say that the food was not good, the service was bad and I had to ask for a refill three times. On 12/23/2011, we decided that we would have breakfast at the Resort and the breakfast was much better. Before we went skiing we were relaxing in the room watching some television and it just went out. I called and told the front desk they said they would have it fixed asap. 2 hours later when we were leaving to go skiing I ask the front desk if they had the television fixed and the man behind the desk said that no one had told him that there was something wrong with the television. We went skiing came back and the television was working somewhat. For the amount of money that one spends to have a great time and stay in a nice place this is not the place to do that. I would recommend that the resort update their rooms, the staff friendliness, the televisions in the rooms, pave the road and make sure that the heaters/AC works in every room.