West Coast feel, East Coast proximity!

by: Spacemunky13 - Sep 2, 2011

Pros: JAY Cloud,Terrain for everyone, Small lines, Amazing resort, GLADES!

Cons: No nightlife, but you're there to ski, not party!

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2011

As close to Utah powder as you'll get on the East Coast without boarding a plane! Jay powder is so dry & perfect, you'll forget you're in VT. If you're crazy enough to make the journey to the VT/Canada border, you're rewarded by the true gem of East Coast skiing. Such a great mountain; reviews barely do it justice! Adequate/challenging terrain for every skill level, not to mention an unparalleled glade system. Nothing within the resort boundary is off-limits! I'm only an advanced beginner skier, but 3 perfect beginner glades+plenty of greens will keep you skiing for days. My buddies drool at the mention of the black runs/glades. Thanks to lake effect snow from the Great Lakes, the famed Jay Cloud keeps pumping fresh, dry powder constantly from base to peak. An absolute must-ski in the North East!
The staff there is alarmingly friendly: I'm from NJ, so I'm used to jaded, impatient& not so friendly resort staff. Everyone I interacted with @Jay were so friendly it reminded me of being out in Colorado. So rare in the Northeast!