PCMR: A Great Home Base Resort

by: K2Skier - Jul 25, 2011

Pros: McConkey's Bowl and Jupiter Bowl

Cons: Most Crowded of Park City Resorts

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2010

PCMR is one of my favorite home base resorts.......I continue to visit PCMR because it is right in Park City and easy to access either by the Town Lift or the Resort Base.....via the PayDay or Crescent Lifts. Depending on where you are staying in Park City should dictate which lift you should access every morning........I say this as the one "con" about PCMR is the crowds, you really have to know the mountain and which lifts to access and which ones to stay away from at certain times of the day. Besides that one con, you will have an excellent day.

My typical day at PCMR has me heading straight out to either McConkey Bowl terrain or Jupiter Bowl terrain......if I get out there right away, that ensures me a day of great "slackcountry" hiking/skiing with no crowds at any lift.....

My typical "family" day at PCMR has me spending a lot time in the Pioneer, Bonanza, SilverLode, MotherLode areas.........it is a bit more crowded at the lifts, but it has nice terrain for my 10 and 9 yr. old daughters........and if it gets too jammed up, I head for some secret intermediate stashes in McConkeys and off the Thaynes lift.

All in all, PCMR is of course a great world class resort........what comes with that is.... skier traffic.....but if you become familiar with the terrain, you'll be fine.....and you'll have a great day.