by: gma - 15th March 2011

• Nightlife
Best 650' Hill Going
650' Hill in Central Vermont

It had been tough to find a reason to ski here with all the other stuff close by but, I'm glad I found one. My home hill has about the same vertical and doesn't ski anywhere near as well as Suicide Six. From the main face, to the cute glade, to the really consistent pitch on the wrap-around trail skier's left, its a really fun place to make turns for a few hours. That's what I used it for as a way station to Burke the next day, having left that morning. I'm glad to have shared the hill with Vermont Special Olympic athletes. They had everything set up perfectly and everyone was having a blast! I saw a smile on every face, knew there was one on mine, and know this place has been serving them up for working on 80 years. In my case, I was headed somewhere further North, got to exit 9 about 10:30 and just wanted to make some turns so, I stopped. If this is you at some point or, you are wandering around the gorgeous village of Woodstock with the family and need some snow for all of you to enjoy without the investment of time and money involved in a trip to the nearby resorts, ski here. I'm glad I did and, will do so again with similar logistics.