Amazing NH skiing

by: enya2 - Feb 5, 2011

Pros: Lifts, terrain, train, lodges, seperate areas for skill levels, glades

Cons: icey mugals, 3 base areas

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

My first time skiing in NH was great thanks to Loon! I went midweek (no school!!) so there were few crowds except there was a 10 minute wait for the gondola so it would probaly be 20-30 weekend. The worst thing was the 3 base areas. In the kangamangus base there was only one lift to get over to the gondola area. I would recomend taking the steam train between bases but there's a 10 minute wait sometimes. I went in a wonderful large beginner glade that ran next to bear claw. The only problem was that near the outer edge there was a drop off (maybe 50ft) into a brook! Thank you Loon for marking your bump runs. Although slighty icy, they were great. I took the beginner lift to snubber trail, took a left, and into the bumps. Probably the best staff I've ever met. At the exit of the gondola staff can give you a lot of advise on trails- where they're located and how difficult. The soul double diamond Ripsaw was intense. It was my third double black and I was suprised how steep- trust me I know from after sliding down the Wall- 15ft of pure expert skiing. Thanks Loon and staff for making the 5 hour ride worth it. I'll be back soon!